Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tricking Low Pixels


Head banging



Shaking my face



Head waving side to side


These images were captured using my Mac Book Pro's iSight. I am not sure what quality the iSight is gauged at, but it is apparently low considering the amount of ease at which motion was able to create a large range of blur within each photo. Each time I took a photo I created a quick movement with my head so that the captured portrait picked up a blurry version of my face. The purpose here was to play with the "flaw" in the system (where blur is captured instead of a precise, instantaneous moment).

These images were created to play with ideas of motion in regard to the accuracy of documentation. A lot of things we consider to state who we are come from photos, so it is interesting to me to play with ways to create ambiguous images with a device we can sometimes consider to validate who we are... This is also interesting because of the increased usage of digital imagery present on the web.

...maybe I should play with a photo album

No comments: