Sunday, February 10, 2008

Live Art and Documentation

Welcome to my Live Art and Documentation study blog.

Hello, my name is Tom McDermott and I am a visual artist based in Southern California. This blog is meant to explore the visual qualities captured in the images I gather for the purposes of thinking about art making. Lately my main interests in art making have tended toward live art and installation art.

This blog is an exploration of how documentation may function in regard to capturing live art, possibly creating new projects via means of documenting live art (changing the original project into something new). My projects with documentation attempt to expose the flaws of documentation to create a play with the material in regard to performance (live) art.

My other blog here explores visual images for the purpose of installation art ideas, it may be viewed here: http://installationstudy.blogspot.com

Feel free to leave comments, enjoy!

-Tom-

No comments: